Sunday 4 May 2014

TOO MUCH OF ME

I weigh far too much. 

My first goal here is to run the marathon but I also need to lose weight, for health reasons and to make running more comfortable.  I'm 43 now and if I have learnt one life lesson it is that I can't diet. After having my children I think I embraced my post baby body a little too easily. It was a bit of cop out for a greedy person like me. I don't believe that women should be under pressure to lose weight in record time or to look exactly the same. However looking 6 months pregnant nine years after the event is not on. 

I'm going to start making lifestyle changes slowly. The main culprit in my weight is junk food so that's what I'm going to tackle that first. This week I am refraining from eating sugar (as in chocolate, dessert, cakes) from Monday to Friday. 

1 comment:

  1. You've got a great attitude and a super start!!! I loved your line about embracing the post baby body a little too readily- I was ok getting pregnant because it wasn't going to make a difference! I was already stretched out! Lol. Little did I ow that the babies would find brand spanking new places to stretch, amiright?! ;) keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete